Monday, August 27, 2012

Horror on the Orient Express

So I find myself contributing (probably too heavily) to Chaosium's Horror on the Orient Express Kickstarter (more on Kickstarter at a later point.) I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I own the original, which has become a real collectors item, but never done more than read through the first 20 pages or so of the adventure. I love Call of Cthulhu, but for some reason I've never read the campaign despite owning it. No idea why, I think perhaps I thought it seemed rather railroady (no that wasn't a pun.) It was about 15 years ago that I last tried so maybe I should ease it out of its box and have another look.

The Kickstarter is well past its funding stages (at the time of writing it had just passed $70,000), despite some initial hiccups with the levels and uncertainty as to what backers received for each level and now unclear and sometimes inconsistent shipping costs seem to be causing a lot of strife on the project. We all know Chaosium has had issues in the past keeping to deadlines, paying its writers and issuing product, but this Kickstarter shows despite that the company and the product are still held in relatively high regard by the community.

Anyway, if you are a Cthulhu fan and you've always wanted a copy of what is considered a classic but don't want to pay Ebay prices, then head over to the Kickstarter linked above. If you do want to pay Ebay prices, then let me know as I'm now willing to let my original classic copy go for the right price :)


No comments:

Post a Comment