Saturday, January 12, 2013

Buying Spree - Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd Edition

It's been a while since I posted, but I've still been active in the RPG area. I've been buying up all the Warhammer 3rd Edition items I can find with the aim of running it shortly. If you're in the market for it, and live in Canada, then order from Meeplemart, they're currently selling a load of it cheap, and I mean cheap. Outside of the main box set, I think pretty much everything is 60% off. So I now have everything except the new Enemy Within campaign.

I know the 3rd edition has come under a lot of fire for being more boardgamey and less of an RPG, but reading through it and looking at all the items I have to disagree with this. It's most definitely an RPG. All 3rd edition has done is turn the rules into components to have at the table rather than bury them in rulebooks. Want to know how to perform a particular combat manoeuvre or what damage a particular spell does, instead of spending time looking it up you just reference the card that you already have available by your character sheet. Yes there are a lot of components to it, but not all are necessary.

(there is an unboxing of the main game here which shows some of these components.)

I'll let you know how it actually plays, but I'm looking forward to trying it out. I recall WFRP from the early days back in the 80s when I got into role-playing and really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment